Time is relative.
You can bend or you can stretch but you can never go back to the past.
# Interstellar, The Movie.
We often live by expectation. Of the people we love, of the society, of our religion, and of ourselves.
And forget one thing that truly matters. All the things we live by means nothing, if we forgot what we have inside us. not those that we own in our surrounding.
Whatever that you do my dear daughter, you need to know that choosing for your happiness to live beyond expectation is not a sin.
You will find your greatest strength within you, and sometimes it reveals when you have nothing at all but yourself to hold onto.
What every mother wants is for their daughter to be happy. Live for yourself and don’t live your life for someone else.
May 10th 2014
No matter what,
You don’t owe any explanation to others
And don’t need acceptance from others
There are reasons for everything but not everthing need to be understood.
Sometimes you need to have faith and let the universe take care the rest.
Life begins at 40, till then it was only a research. – Carl Jung
Indeed.. I’m testing, piloting, researching, and sometimes crashing my life to understand myself better.
And I feel clearer than when I was twenty-something.
My life has just begun…
The first time in my life, at 33yo that I play Soccer, and for real match in Danone World Cup 2014. We were representing the female team for mini soccer in Danone – Sarihusada to compete with other CBUs to be able to represent Danone Indonesia in Danone World Cup 2014, in Paris.
I don’t normally do any sports well especially when a ball involved. But this one, I enjoy very much being within the team. As much as the things I learned that can be applied to business and daily life.
- Practice makes Perfect. This is the bitter truth knowing that we have least time to practice and only 2x of field match versus kids before the real match. So yes we didn’t prepared as best as others, but I saw great progress from each of us from not knowing how to kick a ball, what the rule is, to committed players who constantly seeking for feedback and improvement. Applied in business, the more we practice, the better we are in performing ourselves in things — in presentation, elevator pitch, even in networking.
- Team Work matters. Knowing what your role is essential to contribute the best for the team. Knowing your role is unnecessarily knowing the best about your position but to be able to open your mind and listen to what your team says during the match. Those who covers for your back and those who becoming the weapon of the team. As well as when you become the eyes for the team and the defender of the field. Knowing the personality of each team as well matters and know where to put a personality to a position is creating a big impact on the team dynamic itself.
- Endurance, Energy, & Emotion. This means to eat healthily, have a good rest, and a good amount of social & emotional connection to balance with. A good endurance happens to be a combination of all physical, emotional, and social connection within the team, coach, and management. From an individual to infect the group and the group to infect each of us. The connection between human energy is what makes a great team solid. The challenge would be how to take a long this good energy to our daily lives..
- Push Button for Commitment. We all need a push button in life sometimes. Especially girls, where we underestimate ourselves. I didn’t do this voluntarily knowing how my relationship with any ball-match eventually hurting me, so yes I was being pushed to accept the challenge by my colleague. And I said, anyway this will be good exercise for me to climb up Rinjani in August. So did most of the rest of us. But when we’re in it, I can tell we are committed to come early morning and spend more to practice in between our deadlines. We all need a push button sometimes just to tell ourselves that we can be committed to something if we’re really (learn to grow) into it.
- Eyes on Opportunities. Happens that when we’re busy with the ball we’re unaware of the opportunity created within the game itself. I have to say we lost quite a number of opportunities to score goal, because we’re not well trained yet for it. But these are seen by the coach at the side of the field. The thing is that, perhaps sometimes the player need to take off eyes from the ball and also sweep potentials. Just like in business — the biggest potentials are not those with the massive crowds, yet often in those who are neglected… think and see.
I’m sure there are a lot of things to learn from any match and sports worth to share, as i believe a good mind shared is contagious to spread more good things in life.
Hope you see what I see